We're looking for bright & creative people! Learn more about Astro and the roles available.
WHO WE ARE…
At Astro, we specialize in providing our customers with professional design services and complete renovations for their kitchen and bath projects by offering our expertise, exclusive lines and top quality brands from around the world. Every brand we carry is chosen based on its high quality and innovative design.
We pride ourselves on keeping our showroom up to date with the latest designs, trends and take you outside the typical retail shopping experience; a more exciting experiential type of shopping. Astro’s showroom is a living, breathing showcase of how the right product can transform your space into an expression of your lifestyle. Our world comprises of interior designers and a support team to execute the best designs for our clients kitchen & bathrooms.
There’s never been a better time to join us as we continue to grow. We are seeking the right individual who will also take pride in our products and services offered to our clients.
Position Available: Jr. Designer
Do you have an eye for design? Studied Interior Design and ready to put your passion for designing beautiful spaces into a career you can get excited about? If these things sound right for you, you may be the Jr. Designer we are looking for!
Astro is looking for a junior designer to join our team!
- Participating in various design projects, with direction from lead designer, from concept to completion
- Producing complete sets of detailed millwork drawings
- Communicating with suppliers to quote custom elements
- Preparing budget elements and organizing documents
- Seek feedback from other designers to improve
- Have a degree in Interior Design or diploma in Architectural Technology (or equivalent degree or diploma)
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Teamwork skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in AutoCad and learning new programs
Please forward your resume and sample portfolio with subject title “Junior Designer-Your Name”.
Role Requirements Full time position: 5 days a week Monday to Friday - 9 am to 5:30 pm
Position Available: Marketing Coordinator
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Full-Time Marketing Coordinator to do Digital and Social Media marketing, and website managing. As our marketing coordinator, you will head all social media, website maintenance, paid advertisements, and work with the team of designers to promote our products, brand awareness and showroom beautification.
The goal of a Marketing Coordinator is to connect the Astro brand with social media and website users and convert these users into clients with the as much creativity and professionalism possible.
As the head of Marketing, you will be responsible for the following tasks and goals (among other things):
- Implement annual marketing plan including digital marketing, advertising, events, and ideas to generate new business.
- Create and post images/video for social media, email marketing, and blog posts
- Design compelling layouts for all digital advertising media and magazine advertisement
- Convert social followers and email subscribers into customers
- Increase engagement and attract new IG and FB followers in our niche
- Create designs for showroom signage
- Coordinate with our designated photographer photoshoots for completed projects
- Work with our web developer on Website maintenance (updating news & events, contact information, photos, etc.)
- Coordinate, and execute the strategy for paid ads in the digital space (including SEM, display/video ads, remarketing, social media, etc.);
- Actively engages with our customers through our social media channels, which helps us identify customer concerns, trends, and opportunities;
- Responds to customer inquiries that are made on social media channels and assign online quote requests to sales team
- Collaborate with the design team to help drive leads and opportunities
- Showroom pricing
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in forms of Digital marketing, Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and Email Marketing (Hubspot preferably)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience and knowledge with Google analytics, paid ads and SEO
- A positive attitude when dealing with all customers, followers, and the corporate team
- Enjoys contributing to a team, but able to work independently
- Creativity and passion to develop new and bold ideas
- Excellent English proficiency (creative writing and verbal), French is an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Position is available immediately; you can apply today! This is a great opportunity for Long-Term, Full-Time work, Monday to Friday – flexibility on hours may be an option
Please reply to this job posting with the following:
- A short and relevant cover letter
- Your Resume
- Ottawa, ON (Preferred)
Training will be offered.
If these criteria resonate with you, we invite you to apply for the available position.
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself.
Please no phone calls.
Position Closed: Sr. Designer
What we're looking for in our Designer:
- Extended knowledge with technical drawings and great attention to detail and design skills
- Takes initiative and ready to make an impact in the design world
- Genuine love of meeting new people and developing relationships
- Has experience with the full life cycle of a design project from start to finish
- Relentless in pursuing what is best for the client
- Enjoys contributing to a team and works well as a team player and independently
- Positive attitude, good energy, highly motivated and creative.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and to both finish short-term and long-term projects
- Highly adaptable and flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Open to constructive feedback, and strive to self-improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, listening and interpreting skills
- Comfortable and working knowledge of AutoCAD & Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism is an asset, but not a necessity
DAILY TASKS (among other things):
- Orchestrate the showroom experience by educating customers about possibilities and products, and guide them through a profitable sales process
- Meet with clients to build design proposals and quotes reflecting their needs and wants
- Diligently manage client pipeline
- Communicating with suppliers/brand reps
- Interact with industry professionals, cultivate relationships for repeat business and develop a self-sustaining network of clients
Must have at least 3+ years of experience as a Designer and a bachelor in Interior Design.
Role Requirements Full time position: 5 days a week
Simply upload your resume, complete the form and let us know which position you are interested in. Thank you.
JOIN THE ASTRO TEAM!
Please fill out this form to apply for the available position. We look forward to hearing from you!
*please no phone calls*