We're looking for bright & creative people! Learn more about Astro and the roles available.
WHO WE ARE…
At Astro, we specialize in providing our customers with professional design services and complete renovations for their kitchen and bath projects by offering our expertise, exclusive lines and top quality brands from around the world. Every brand we carry is chosen based on its high quality and innovative design.
We pride ourselves on keeping our showroom up to date with the latest designs, trends and take you outside the typical retail shopping experience; a more exciting experiential type of shopping. Astro’s showroom is a living, breathing showcase of how the right product can transform your space into an expression of your lifestyle. Our world comprises of interior designers and a support team to execute the best designs for our clients kitchen & bathrooms.
There’s never been a better time to join us as we continue to grow. We are seeking the right individual who will also take pride in our products and services offered to our clients.
Position Available: Jr. Designer
Do you have an eye for design? Studied Interior Design and ready to put your passion for designing beautiful spaces into a career you can get excited about? If these things sound right for you, you may be the Jr. Designer we are looking for!
Astro is looking for a junior designer to join our team!
- Participating in various design projects, with direction from lead designer, from concept to completion
- Producing complete sets of detailed millwork drawings
- Communicating with suppliers to quote custom elements
- Preparing budget elements and organizing documents
- Seek feedback from other designers to improve
- Have a degree in Interior Design or diploma in Architectural Technology (or equivalent degree or diploma)
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Teamwork skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in AutoCad and learning new programs
Please forward your resume and sample portfolio with subject title “Junior Designer-Your Name”.
Role Requirements Full time position: 5 days a week Monday to Friday - 9 am to 5:30 pm
Position Closed: Sr. Designer
What we're looking for in our Designer:
- Extended knowledge with technical drawings and great attention to detail and design skills
- Takes initiative and ready to make an impact in the design world
- Genuine love of meeting new people and developing relationships
- Has experience with the full life cycle of a design project from start to finish
- Relentless in pursuing what is best for the client
- Enjoys contributing to a team and works well as a team player and independently
- Positive attitude, good energy, highly motivated and creative.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and to both finish short-term and long-term projects
- Highly adaptable and flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Open to constructive feedback, and strive to self-improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, listening and interpreting skills
- Comfortable and working knowledge of AutoCAD & Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism is an asset, but not a necessity
DAILY TASKS (among other things):
- Orchestrate the showroom experience by educating customers about possibilities and products, and guide them through a profitable sales process
- Meet with clients to build design proposals and quotes reflecting their needs and wants
- Diligently manage client pipeline
- Communicating with suppliers/brand reps
- Interact with industry professionals, cultivate relationships for repeat business and develop a self-sustaining network of clients
Must have at least 3+ years of experience as a Designer and a bachelor in Interior Design.
Role Requirements Full time position: 5 days a week
Simply upload your resume, complete the form and let us know which position you are interested in. Thank you.
JOIN THE ASTRO TEAM!
Please fill out this form to apply for the available position. We look forward to hearing from you!
*please no phone calls*